Patty is a storyteller with a Bachelor of Media and Communications from Queensland University of Technology. Patty discovered his passion for broadcasting at a young age often reciting poetry to family and friends around the dinner table. He got his start at 4ZZZ community radio hosting and producing his own show.
Since then Pattty has developed a keen interest in stand-up comedy hosting various quirky events in Brisbane. He has created and produced podcasts and developed a keen ear as an Audio producer.
Patty’s real passion is in entertainment and production. Listening and providing a platform for different marginalised groups is an aspect of storytelling that he hopes to nurture throughout his career. An opportunistic and endlessly curious person, Patty is always looking to the personalities around him for inspiration.
Currently studying at AFTRS Patty aims to secure a position as an announcer either in the commercial or public sector.
- Radio Face October 25, 2019 - Yesterday on Patty D Presents I put the call out asking for people to describe what I looked like just based on the sounds of… ...more
- I Watched White Famous So You Didn’t Have too October 24, 2019 - Misogynistic assholes and an outdated approach to storytelling make this show seem like an pre me-too cautionary tale. The lead character is a young black comedian who… ...more
- What do your Facebook Ads say about you? October 23, 2019 - HUH? A few days ago I noticed that I was getting really targeted advertising campaigns focussed around Salt Bae, you know that guy who salts… ...more
- I Watched Tag on Netflix so You Don’t Have too October 22, 2019 - TAG you're it Five friends who shared the motto. "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing" Based on a true story every year… ...more
- Missing Six Year Old Found Thanks to Drones October 21, 2019 - Mans Best Friend In today's wholesome story, young Minnesota boy Ethan Haus was found thanks to a massive search and a drone with a thermal… ...more
- Stuck on a Deserted I – Land? Relax, Go for a Swim… October 18, 2019 - Today I watched a television show so you don’t have too. I-land on NETFLIX, confusing overdramatic and a big ol hunk of stinky cheese. The main character (unknown) wakes… ...more
- Way Back When? (How to Talk to Strangers) October 17, 2019 - Way Back When How to Talk to Strangers is a podcast series that follows Patty D as he tries to reconnect with the world outside… ...more
- The World of Remote Indigenous Broadcasting October 16, 2019 - Full Interview I sat down with Bernard Namok Jnr for a conversation about indigenous broadcasting in remote regions and gleamed some insight into what its… ...more
- Good Guy Barksy is Making Bank October 15, 2019 - https://www.instagram.com/sambarskyknitter/ US man has us all smiling after dedicating the last 20 years to knitting sweaters that match the locations he has visited. Sam Barksy… ...more
- How to Talk to Strangers October 14, 2019 - How to Talk to Strangers is a podcast series that follows Patty D as he tries to reconnect with the world outside his own. In… ...more