Schools back – but things feeling a little different?
COVID-19 has required everyone to make changes: how we live, how we socialise, how we learn.
Everyone has a learning-from-home story and, while there are similarities, our own story is unique.
NSW Government website – tips for kids returning to school. They’re addressing topics such as feelings, staying connected, safety, physical health. Taking care of you and looking out for each other.
Here are a few tips below:
- Be kind to yourself.
- Give yourself time to adjust back into routine.
- Talk with your teachers about your work, both the strengths and the challenges.
- Get organised before the day.
- Try to reconnect with a friend before the first day back and arrange a time and place to meet on your return.
- Talk with your family and friends to help you prepare yourself for returning to school.
- Keep up to date about the rules around mask wearing at school and while travelling to and from school.
- Stay connected, be positive and be there for each other.
- Stay active.
- Make sure you get enough sleep to give your brain a rest and allow you to recharge.
For the full list of tips and links to helpful resources head to Education NSW website.