The New South Wales Government has deciding that further easing of restrictions will be brought in to place on Monday 8th of November. Originally these easing of restrictions were scheduled for the 1st of December, however, due to low cases in the state, and high vaccination rates, they have been brought forward.
The freedoms will only apply to fully vaccinated people.
From Next Monday:
- There will be no limit on the number of visitors allowed in to a home
- No additional rule will apply for outdoor gatherings with fewer than 1’000 people
- Indoor swimming pools will re-open for all purposes
- All business premises will move to a One person per 2 square metre rule
- Nightclubs can reopen with dancing allowed
- Caps will be removed for settings other than gym and dance classes (the 20 person cap on these classes will remain) and be replaced by density limits or 100% fixed seating capacity for major recreation outdoor facilities such as racecourses.
People who are unvaccinated must follow pre-roadmap restrictions until NSW reaches 95% double vaccination rate, or until the 15th of December, whichever happens first. Once that same deadline is met current mask mandates will be removed.
New South Wales currently has 93.58% of the population aged 16 and older vaccinated with their first dose, and 87.82% fully vaccinated.